This is the best salad in the whole wide world. I make a batch every single week. It’s a delicious Lebanese derived salad that you will enjoy if you like the taste of lemons. That’s the only way I can really describe it other than it is the best salad in the whole wide world. I will caution, never eat this on a first date because the sumac will be all up in your grill. Recipes for this salad vary, but this is my favorite, tried and true.
Ingredients for Salad
- Romaine lettuce (2 hearts)
- Bundle of mint leaves (chop)
- Flat leaf parsley (finely chop 1 tbsp.)
- English cucumber ( 1-halved and sliced)
- Tomato (sliced into chunks or 1 cup of Grape Tomatoes halved)
- Pita Chips or stale Naan (add per dish)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp. pomegranate vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp. sumac
Sumac may be the hardest ingredient to come by for this dish but it is absolutely necessary. I’ve found mine in a Lebanese market and online at SpiceJungle.com You probably won’t find it in any grocery store.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the dressing, stirring in olive oil last, and set aside.
- Chop lettuce and to a large bowl with tomatoes, mint, parsley, and cucumber.
- Layer dressing on top of salad evenly. Cover and shake.
- Cover the top of the salad with sumac (about 1/4 a cup).
- Add stale nann or pita crushed pita chips per serving (so to not get soggy).
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.